Saturday, January 14, 2012

Judgment


The thing I fear the most is judgment: from others, from my family, to my friends. But judgment is ingrained in human nature because that’s how we tell the difference between right and wrong. We know it is right to help another person out, and it is inherently wrong to rape a child. These two decisions are NOT the same; therefore, they have different values placed upon their doer. We all judge, we cannot deny that from ourselves, but what we differ in is the which QUALITIES we judge. Some people judge people for being “cool” or what I believe is just their version of society’s ideal image of man/woman. What I judge for is people being true to themselves. I judge people if they are willing to help others. I want my friends to be people who have the kindness to put themselves in the other person’s shoes and see if how they are being is right. I don’t give a shit how much u can drink, how fast you can run is cool (but in the end, does it really matter?). In the end, don’t fear judgment, instead, embrace that for the human quality that it is. It helps us filter out who we want in our lives, and makes us realize what is the ‘right’ decision to be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment