Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Being respectful and speaking you mind


Sometimes these two ideas become dichotomous because one cannot help but interrupt others in order to get your point across. It’s best to speak up when you have something to say because people NEED to hear what you have to say. Fuck the social norms and rules of discussion, as long you’re not maliciously hurting others, say what’s on your mind. Your ideas ARE amazing and WORTH HEARING. Do NOT be intimidated by others because they’re just as scared as you.
I’ve been hurt for a long time with other people ignoring my thoughts. I’ve internalized that hurt believing that my thoughts were not worthwhile being heard by everyone. But this blog has given me hope, people have read my blog and come away with positive comments about my thoughts. Thank you, you have given me the self-assurance that MY thoughts are worth voicing.
 ALL of our thoughts are worth hearing, it’s a question of whether we take the time to start listening. Speak from your heart, then more people are willing to listen. You only NEED to say what’s important, but that’s not to say that’s all there IS to say.
Remember to be yourself, even when we live in a world where people are constantly striving to anything BUT themselves. Stay true, stay the course, you’ll eventually find your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment